Thursday, March 18, 2010

Who would play Bill Gates in the movies?

I loved the movie 'Wargames' starring Matthew Broderick and always felt that the erratic and reclusive computer genius, Professor Falken, was loosly based upon Steve Jobs. I had much less time for the film 'Verical Limit' although the ruthless & driven US billionaire character in it reminded me very much of Larry Ellison.

The funny thing is that I've never seen a cinematic incarnation of Bill Gates portrayed on the silver screen. I suppose that this is something to do with a perceived lack of charisma. I don't pity Bill, however, as no matter what your thoughts on Microsoft's innovation, style or business practices he and his company have been hugely influential for the last 20 years.

People who try to ridicule him for the infamous quite about 640K of RAM or the failed Tablet PC just don't seem to get that he is probably the most successful opportunist who has ever lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment